Saturday 26 May 2012

Bad hair day

I had to go into the city on Friday as Calvin had an appointment with the groomer.  We decided to get him shaved this summer so he could go swimming in the lake as previously every time he would go for a swim he would get a hotspot which would require an expensive trip to the vet.

After I dropped him off I went downtown to do a few errands and had to take a picture of my favourite building...


I went here to find some supplies for making home made soap (more on that adventure later)

Feeling a bit guilty here eating an ice cream sundae while some young guys washed my car....but I got over it.

I cannot tell you how amusing it is to look in the rear view mirror and see this giant creature filling the back of the car.

I know...he looks hilarious...even HE is embarrassed about his new cut.  The funniest part was when I picked him up the groomer had given him a new hawaiin-printed scarf that she tied jauntily around his neck.  He looked like a gay golden retriever all ready for a cruise vacation.

Poor thing...I hope swimming at the lake it worth it.


2 comments:

  1. Poor dear...just tell him it's only hair and it Will grow! Thanks for the laugh.
    I do want to hear all about your soap making since I am in the process of gathering supplies for the same thing.
    Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the summer cut. They are so fun to pet after a close cut!

    ReplyDelete