Wednesday 15 February 2012

Yarn Along February 15, 2012

Today I'm participating with Ginny of "Small Things"  in Yarn Along  where you take a picture of what you are reading and knitting.

I knit a beer cosy with a "B" for the Boston Bruins hockey team.  It will be a funny little gift for a friend's surprise 50th birthday party this weekend.

As for the book...oh my.  I was not sure if I was impressed or horrified with the parenting philosophies of the author.  It made me feel like the slackest mother ever....and also explained why instead of my two sons playing Carnegie Hall (like Amy Chua's children) they quit both piano and violin lessons.

6 comments:

  1. Love the cosy, but think I might skip the book! I only have two children still at home and both are in their teens, there is no hope I can change anything this late in the game!I will just have to settle for ordinary children! :)
    Happy Yarn Along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are so brave. i couldn't decide whether to read the book or not, i also heard there is a new one out about how much better french mothers are at parenting. wow. the world is full of 'perfect' mothers, why aren't i one? lol

    :)
    jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the chuckle...and the heads-up. I'll bypass this one too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I bet the beer cosy will be a big hit! The book, hadn't heard of it, but think I too will pass, I don't need any more mommy guilt :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. your beer cosy is so clever, i bet it will be a big hit. the book sounds like it would give an interesting perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a friend who is from Taiwan. I asked her once if the whole "Tiger Mom" thing is true. Her response was, "Very much so!".

    - Jen
    www.wifemomknitter.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete