Tuesday 31 January 2012

Tuesday ramblings

We had to drive way up to the northern part of New Brunswick on Sunday as Isaac had a hockey game in Grand Falls.  The arena was lovely with comfortable seats (for once) and lots of windows.

Even the chairs at the snack bar area were hockey-themed

I knew there was a place that you could zipline over the falls....apparently in January said waterfall freezes....

This is what it looks like in the summer (I snitched this photo from their website)

By the time we headed home it was almost dark...and my windshield was very, very dirty.

Tonight I'm hosting my book club ladies, we read "The Postmistress" this month. While I'm  running around getting the house tidied up and making caramelised onion dip....these two are resting up...they've got a lot of begging to do tonight.

5 comments:

  1. Should I read Postmistress?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun, I would love to go zip lining!
    I am so very envious of all your snow, I think winter
    forgot us down here in the deep south.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures! I'm looking for a book club to join...too bad I don't live closer!
    I'm with Tracey: Winter has forgotten all about us down here! We'll probably get it in March, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I could/would never go zip lining. I could puke thinking about it. Spill it...was the book good?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Mmmm...puking on a zip line would NOT be a good idea...with my luck I'd puke into the wind. I liked the book...and so did most of the ladies in my book club (even those of us who are not ladies liked it..ha ha)

      Delete