Tuesday 8 November 2011

Pumpkin-palooza

So I spent part of yesterday turning this (and a few more of his friends);

into this....pumpkin puree..ready for the freezer...

It took me about 2 hours...and I think I have the equivalent of 6 cans of store-bought pumpkin....so lets see at about $2.50 a can..I've saved myself $15.00 for 2 hours of work...(ok I guess I won't quit my day job to become a pumpkin processor).

I was inspired by my mother-in-law who cans, pickles, freezes or dries anything that isn't moving.  She was a child during the great depression and she is probably the most energetic, patient person I know.  I, on the other hand, am neither patient....or particularly energetic...but I do love to eat....pumpkin bread, pumpkin muffins, pumpkin cookies, pumpkin pie (made with eggnog instead of evaporated milk)...yum.

No comments:

Post a Comment