Monday 4 July 2011

Canada Day at the Lake

We had our yearly Canada Day party at the lake on July 1st.  The waterfront is a part of my parents farm, when I was a kid it was literally a hay field and we would swim there every day, wading through the tall timothy that was waist high to get to the lakeshore.  When I was a teenager my father bought this very retro trailer, from 1950 I swear (we nicknamed it the Eisenhower trailer) and put it by the lake so we would have a place to change into our swimsuits,  a kitchen and bathroom.  When the trailer was enroute to our place it was  hauled through town...right by the high school I attended...everyone commented on it...my sisters and I pretended we had no idea who it belonged to or where it was going.  I have to admit it does come in handy at the lake and it is quite comical because all around us the waterfront lots sold and some are home to giant McMansion "cottages", but we continue along with our retro trailer...and have a lot of fun there. Someday we plan to build a more permanent camp and maybe a few bunkhouses...but we haven't got around to it yet.
 We had about 35 people over for Canada Day...






hubby had some guitar time....

this was my view for most of the weekend...




strawberry shortcake for 35

We ended the day with fireworks (which I didn't get a picture of) and launching Chinese lanterns...
Happy Canada Day....and Happy July 4th too!




1 comment:

  1. Happy Canada Day! That looks like a great time! So relaxing and so fun...and that strawberry shortcake, wow! I haven't seen berries here and I miss them so much! Love the lanterns too, what a great tradition!

    ReplyDelete