Tuesday 14 June 2011

Good news, Haircut and a Hot Date

Well our #1 son came home today with the good news that he is not yet on academic probation.  Apparently one professor hadn't entered the marks for a course he was in and so it appeared as incomplete on his transcript which lowered his GPA to a bargain basement level.  But after a trip to the registrar's office he is good to go, not on academic probation .......with empty promises to me  that he will raise his marks in year 3.  For once in my life I'm going to go with that ...and not worry this summer about things that I can't control (this is foreign territory to me, I usually like to preemptive worry.

On a lighter note, I've got a new haircut and am going on a hot date with my husband tonight to see "The Sadies" at a club in a nearby city.

Now....what to wear....I bought a pair of these last week;

I tried them on so that my Mom could hem them for me (yeah, I know...I'm 42 and my mother hems my jeans for me...but I'm not much of a seamstress) and she was a little distressed about the hole in the knee...something about buying jeans that were already worn out.  I have to admit I was a bit distressed too when I tried them on and my big toe went through the hole and I almost fell down in the changing room..but that's another story.

It's very hard to strike a balance between between "mom jeans" and trying to look like you think you are a teenager...where are the jeans for 42 year olds?   I got the thumbs up on the jeans from my 16 year old so I took that as a sign...I'm wearing them....holes and all.



Scott is in the shower as we speak....I'm sure he is agonizing over what to wear too (not).  Wouldn't it be great to be a man?

1 comment:

  1. I hope you guys had an awesome time. We went to a concert last night. It was fun. First date since baby!

    ReplyDelete