Friday 2 May 2014

April highlights

The tile class I was taking since Christmas came to an end last week with a display of all the students' work.  Everyone had a very unique style which was reflected in their work.  The next 2 pictures are Jen's tiles......she is a young activist, vegan, aspiring beekeeper....a very interesting young lady.

My friend Ralph's tiles were beautiful as well;


I made a tile mural based on a print I saw in Paris of pedestrians strolling along under the Eiffel Tower.

And a few tiles of birds and deer and two large tiles based on Mexican Otomi embroidery.  We learned so many new methods of surface decoration I can't wait to incorporate  it into my pottery.

We went to my mother's for Easter dinner, as usual there were so many of us that the dining room was full so the teenagers ate at the kitchen table.

My nephew and his wife recently adopted a little black Lab mix from the SPCA so she came to dinner too.  Her manners are not the best yet...or she found ham irresistible because she kept jumping up and resting her paws on the table.....Mom was not exactly a stern, puppy disciplinarian.
Before Easter dinner I had a little photo shoot with my little nephew Christian.  He was such a co-operative subject.......
Until he wasn't......
In other news I'm still trying to master my birthday present......I don't think Starbucks will be enlisting me anytime soon.

1 comment:

  1. I literally laughed out loud at your muse calling it a day without the artist's consent.. You made my day!

    ReplyDelete