Tuesday 4 June 2013

25 years

Today Scott and I are celebrating 25 years of marriage.  I know everyone says this but I really can't believe how fast time goes by.  I was only 19 when we got married and Scott was 22 which seems so crazy now that we have a son who is 21.  In so many ways now I think today teenagers and twenty-somethings are smarter and more sophisticated than we were at their age, but in other ways they seem so much less independent when we were....deep thoughts.  At any rate even though we were young I can say today that I would marry this guy again in a heartbeat...and I really hope we have at least another 25 together.  One upside of marrying and having kids young is that we will have an empty nest this fall when Isaac goes off to university and although I am nostalgic about the good times when our sons were young I'm looking forward to the next chapter in our lives.

Even though we said our gift to each other was a quick trip to Quebec City this weekend this morning Scott gave me this silver locket that he had made by a metal artist who attended Art and Design school with me.

It is really beautiful, antiqued silver since silver is the gift for 25th anniversary.  I asked him what I should put inside the locket and he jokingly suggested a lock of his hair...sadly that ship has sailed...if you know what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment