Monday 24 December 2012

Pre-Christmas Festivities

We have been busy here visiting, baking, wrapping in preparation for the big day.  On our way to the city to pick up a few things we noticed this lovely snowman at a nearby farm.  You can't tell how big he is but he is made from wrapped large hay bales.  The bales are wrapped to keep them fresh for the cows to eat in the winter...and I guess the white wrapping makes perfect sense to make a giant snow man.  His buttons are made from used circular saw blades, and his hat from a giant black plastic tub.  He stands about 30 feet high.


I got to spend a bit of time with my favorite little elf..my great-nephew Christian.


And we had our annual family Yankee swap with my mother, sisters and all the aunts, uncles and cousins on my mother's side of the family.  This year's theme was red and green...and I really didn't know I'd stand out so much in my bright green shirt...but oh well.


Our oldest son Cameron arrived home from university last night (with all his clothing rammed in a bag...dirty..) so after a bit of laundry I'm going to enjoy the day with both our boys at home.

Merry Christmas to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment