Friday 12 August 2011

The Proposal

This is a long post...but bear with me.

A couple of months ago I got an email from a gallery in Saint John, NB that sells my pottery.  They had been contacted by a guy in Connecticut who was going on a cruise with his girlfriend in August...and he wanted to propose to her at the gallery when the cruise ship stopped in Saint John.

He wanted a large pottery platter made with a drawing of an oak tree...with a heart on the trunk of the tree...and their initials inside the heart.  The gallery was to place the platter in a secluded part of the gallery and while they were shopping there they would happen upon the platter and he would read her a poem he wrote...and propose.

After several emails back and forth with the guy(Jason) I made the platter, had it sent to the gallery and the whole proposal thing happened last Tuesday.  She said "yes"....how could she not?

Which brings me to the second part of my story.....the part where my husband proposed to me....24 years ago....in the parking lot of a Ponderosa restaurant (I kid you not).  His defence?  He had just picked up the ring and he couldn't wait.......good thing he's charming.


2 comments:

  1. He was excited so that makes it romantic. I wish I had some great story to go with mine. My girls had great stories but mine was not a surprise.
    He asked me to go into my parents kitchen and get him a drink of water and my ring was on the table. We had looked at rings and I knew he was getting it, but hey 30 years later I still love that guy!

    ReplyDelete