Monday 3 February 2014

Winter weekend

Scott and I went on a little roadtrip Saturday morning to St. Andrews-by-the-Sea a nearby town on the Atlantic Ocean.  It is so beautiful there and the weather was perfect...I almost forgot it was February .

There were a few fishing boats tied up at the dock.

The whale watching tour operators were closed because the whales are usually only here from June - October.

On our way to my favourite yarn store we saw many deer eating the brown grass on the roadsides.  There are tall fences on each side of the highway to prevent deer and moose from being struck by cars.


At the yarn store I saw the most expensive yarn ever...$160 for gold yarn on the bottom of this pile.  It is made from fibre from the muskox which lives way up north in the Arctic.  Apparently this fibre is 8 times warmer than wool.  I bought a skein of mohair and alpaca, and some beautiful dyed wool from Peru.....the muskox will have to wait for someone richer than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment